Thursday 7 July 2016

New Designers 2016

Yesterday evening, I went to the New Designers exhibition and awards at the Business Design Centre in Islington.

New Designers is the exhibition for emerging design, full of innovation and fresh thinking, covering all aspects from textiles and fashion to product design, visual comms etc. It takes place over two weeks, with each part focusing on a different set of design disciplines and featuring its own Awards Programme. The show sees over 3,000 of the most talented, newly graduated designers from the UK's leading universities come together to exhibit.
I saw many of the tutors and part time lecturers that I know from the various universities and colleges who have stands at the exhibition. Particular mention shall go to University of Portsmouth (UOP) who kindly invited me along.

I found the UOP stand and was invited to do a bit of ad hoc silk-screen printing, which as you can see, I was happy to do.... 
...only to realise that I was on the UOP Illustration course stand and not the graphic design course! - but I got a nice print out of it.
...eventually I found the BA Hons graphic design for UOP on a nearby stand:
...together with their superbly produced yearbook, printed on StarFine  - but I'll write about that another time....
In particular. thanks to Dan McCabe and all the staff and students at UOP.

www.portsmouthgraphicdesign.co.uk
www.newdesigners.com
http://www.port.ac.uk/
Posted by Justin Hobson 07.07.2015

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J