Friday 26 March 2010

Mikey Ayling at Portsmouth Uni

This is a project produced on our new weight (60gsm) in Redeem 100% Recycled by Mikey Ayling, a Communication Design student at Portsmouth University for an ISTD project highlighting the plight of the planet regarding global warming.

The brief he gave me was as follows "My project is a typographic project, and uses a large amount of white space in which to hold my text blocks, hence the amount of stock needed, each A3 is French/Chinese folded and contains a print within the fold which gives the opposite meaning or the reality if you will of the planet's CO2 crisis. Basically a dirty looking mess."
It is A4 in size and makes up as a 48pp concertina with waste pieces of 750micron greyboard being used as the front and back cover.

I do try and help students if and when I can and as you can see from the results, this one certainly made it worth the time (and he wrote to say thanks as well). He has submitted it to the ISTD together with his rationale which I have also read - so good luck Mikey.
mikee73@hotmail.co.uk
http://www.istd.org.uk/
Posted by Justin Hobson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J