Monday 7 November 2011

2011 International year of the forest!

Well here's an interesting one...

The United Nations General Assembly declared 2011 as the International Year of Forests to raise awareness on sustainable management, conservation and sustainable development of all types of forests. All in all, very laudable and interesting from a paper point of view ...but we're now in November and I've only just found out about it!


It appears that there have been some good events throughout the year but personally, I think it has been poorly promoted. Had I been aware, I would certainly have been interested and tried to raise awareness. Sadly, I don't think we feel very positive about forestry and far too much emphasis is placed on negative publicity about "saving trees" as opposed to planting and growing trees in a sustainable way.
Posted by Justin Hobson 07.11.2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment! If I like it, I'll add it on. Cheers J